Wednesday, February 4, 2009

LNS: January 22-February 19

I'm totally sick of everyone telling me to write this blog (I get it, I'm really entertaining), so here's a recap of the past, like, two and a half years during which I have not written. And then I'll post a new post about last night's. Ok, here we go:

Feb 19: Andrew Lipke was our feature this night. He was great. He wore glasses until he was onstage and then he took off his glasses. Then when he was finished playing he put them back on again. What I have to say to you, Andrew, is that we all think you're handsome even with your glasses on.  

Feb 12: Warren, LNS-fave poet, featured this week. He made literally everyone feel very awkward, but he was perfect and great anyway. Also, I think this was the week that the kid who tells amazing jokes came and did this long, amazing pokemon poemjoke. Poemkejoke. It may have been a rapjoke. Also, this was my last LNS before turning 22. Happy birthday, Kelly!!!! 

Feb 5: Late Night Series' third birthday! Happy birthday, LNS!

You get the deal, right? We had cake and a pinata and decorations. It was great. Also, our favorite ska group On Display celebrated with us as our feature. What they didn't play: Happy birthday. Wtf, guys?

Jan 29: A Little Affair's Ben Hughes featured this week. I did not attend. No offense, Ben, but Hell's Kitchen was premiering that night. Who could blame me? (Nick Anselmo.)

Jan 22: (I found this in my saved drafts. Apparently I was planning on writing a blog for this week, but the blog entry pertains to the week or two weeks previous to my writing. I'm about as good at blogging as I am at, uh, everything else.) 
So a few weeks ago we had a pretty good LNS. We did not have a feature because people are total slackers (Lenny and POST MIDNIGHT, WTF), but we did have some great acts

First, Gus and Jeff from President Jon Niles' band the Levee Drivers played a few new songs. They were great. And for their last song they played their all-time greatest song "Quarter to Three." Everyone* clapped and sang along. 

Also, this guy who plays this amazing instrument was there. His instrument is called the hang drum. It's pronounced "hung." It's like an inverted whatchamacall. Anyway, it was great. And he's great. 

That's all I (she) wrote. But I bet a ton of other things happened. 


So that's it, guys. I promise to write a blog every week now. I really do. 


*Maybe only me.

1 comment:

Kerri said...

the pokemon joke was the greatest thing i have ever heard in my entire life.