Wednesday, April 9, 2008

The Vulturez

So the feature for tomorrow is a nice little group called "The Vulturez."  I took the liberty of changing the "s" in their name to a "z" -- no need to thank me, guys. They say they're influenced by bands like the Beatles, Wilco, Bright Eyes, Dispatch, Bruce Springsteen, and Led Zeppelin. Yeah, we'll see. Dana Fortuna of Philadelphia says, "i need you guys on my ipod..RIGHT NOW." Michael Marsdale of Cherry Hill High says, "yo you guys are the shit....my best buds. call me up. do i smell forties?" If that's not convincing, I'm not sure what is. 

But really, they're pretty good. Like when they got on stage last time we were all yeah, "Yeah, ok," but then when they got off we were like, "Hey, that was good." Plus the one guy looks like Maeby from Arrested Development. I won't say which one, but if you come tomorrow night (8:30) you can judge for yourself. 

Anyway, I know there's an elephant in the room, guys. And its name is "The Office." Yeah, ok, it's new on Thursday nights, we have LNS on Thursday nights -- believe me, I see the dilemma. But let me take a moment to make our case:

  1. You can watch the Office online on Friday.
  2. If you wait until the DVD comes out you can watch them all without commercials OR suspense. 
  3. When you look back on your life you can say, "Man, I really lived!" rather than, "Man, I totally saw every episode of the Office on the night it premiered!"
  4. Post Midnight, our host, is often as cringe-inducing as Michael Scott.
  5. There's coffee at LNS and you just can't get enough of that stuff.

So, of course, the choice is up to you. But I think you should choose Late Night Series. Absolutely I do.