Thursday, April 10, 2008

LNS: April 10


Tonight's show ended about an hour ago and, really, it was great. At least good with moments of greatness. Remember how I said the Vultures were "pretty good?" Well I'd like to retract the "pretty." They were actually good. I should also retract the "actually." Kind of condescending. They were definitely good. Like, really good. 
Like Fastball meets fans of the Beatles. Meets harmonization. Plus the singer (who kind of looks like Michael Ian Black) would sometimes say cool things like, "Play it, Johnny!" before the guitar player (presumably "Johnny") would play a solo. It was great.
The non-features included a few regulars (Ronnie Long, Kevin Ricci) and a few semi-regulars (Angel, Sam) and non-regulars (Hutch, Lucas) whose links I cannot find. Poetry, Comedy, Music -- there was a pretty decent spread tonight. A pretty good crowd, too, after around 9:30. I guess I'll take a compromise. 
In other (some might say more important) news, I totally won Scrabble tonight. How, you ask? Well...
Zooms. Z was triple letter, the blank landed on a triple word. Bam. I did have help, though. I did have that.

2 comments:

Jon Niles said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jon Niles said...

there aren't enough pictures of Bill Hader. c'mon!