Wednesday, October 8, 2008

LNS: September 18 and 25

WELCOME BACK!

Ok, well, welcome back three weeks ago. BUT WELCOME BACK TO THE BLOG! 
First, I would like to say hello to NEW LATE NIGHT SERIES PRESIDENT JON NILES! 
I know what you're thinking -- "Jon Niles? Kelly, why aren't you president?" Believe me, EVERYONE is wondering the same thing. I guess it's just because Late Night Series is not a democracy -- it is not a place where everyone gets together and votes for the prettiest, funniest, and (therefor) best person for the job. It is, rather, a plutocracy*. Except in LNS wealth is not measured monetarily. It is measured in how many rock/blues/country bands you're in. Since Jon Niles is the only person in a band like this, he holds all the wealth and was the only eligible candidate. 

Speaking of Jon Niles' band, The Levee Drivers, they were the feature for the welcome back show! (I wonder how they got that gig.) They were very good. I take back everything** horrible I've ever said about them. 
We had a bunch of new people perform and an even bigger bunch of new people come to watch. It was exciting. 

We also had a show on September 25th. Even though we had a show the week before, it was kind of the official "welcome back show." I don't know why. 
To encourage people to "come out and play," we didn't have a feature. Surprisingly, this worked. A ton of people came and some of them were even good. 

Once again I know what you're thinking. "Hey Kelly, this all seems pretty general. Can you give us some specifics about these shows?"

Short answer: No.
A little bit longer answer: It's, like, three weeks later. I don't remember. 

I promise this week I'll give a better, more timely update. 

We also had a show on October 2nd. 

I'm sorry.



*Only other form of government I can think of.
**Not everything.

1 comment:

matt said...

I love this one.